All coaching services and communications (email, telephone, Skype, etc.) delivered by Valerie Albarda (“your Coach”), as well as information contained on this website, valeriealbarda.com, are designed to help you identify areas in your life, your way of thinking and your feelings that are or may be potential stumbling blocks. Please understand that coaching is not to be construed in any way as therapy, counseling, psychology or consulting. Additionally, coaching is not a substitute for professional psychological, emotional or mental health assistance. If you feel that you are psychologically stressed to the point that it interferes with your ability to function adequately, please have the courage to seek the help you need in the form of a professional counselor or therapist.
- I understand that all ideas and comments offered by my Coach are solely for the purpose of aiding me in achieving my goals. I hereby give my informed consent to my Coach to assist me in achieving these goals.
- I understand and agree that I am fully responsible for my well-being during my coaching sessions and, subsequently, I take responsibility for my choices and decisions.
- I understand that coaching is not a substitute for counseling, therapy, mental health care, substance abuse treatment, psychoanalysis, psychology, professional mental health care or consulting, and I shall not treat it at such through my duration as a client with my Coach. I further understand that my Coach makes no claims and is not acting in the capacity of a medical professional.
- I understand that for all legal purposes, the services provided by my Coach will be considered to be provided in the State of North Carolina.
- I understand that my Coach is not promising outcomes and that my success as a client is dependent upon my willingness to put forth the effort to move forward.
- I understand that my Coach respects and upholds confidentiality values. As such, my Coach will treat my information as confidential and will only release information to parties other than myself at my written request. In addition, there may be times when my Coach may need to breach this confidentiality when certain circumstances are present and contact law enforcement and/or social service authorities. These circumstances may include self-harm or suicidal proclivities, harm to others, child or elderly abuse or neglect. Additionally, in the event my Coach is under court order to divulge such information, she will do so to the extent that the law requires.
- I hereby waive, release and acquit and forever discharge my Coach, any agents, successors, assigns, personal representatives, heirs, employees and executors from every claim, action, suit, demand or right to compensation for damages I may claim to have or that I may have arising out of acts or omissions by myself or by my Coach as a result of the advice given by my Coach or otherwise resulting from the coaching relationship contemplated by this agreement. This agreement shall bind personal representatives, heirs, successors, assigns, executors and agents.