Life is a well-traveled path upon which we traverse. At times, the road is fraught with bumps that cannot be avoided, curves that catch us by surprise and gaping holes into which we may stumble and fall. Despite the hindrances, humans are conditioned to overcome. The struggles are real, and despite any dubious thoughts that may invade our psyche, these struggles actually make us stronger.
Throughout your journey, as you turn each page that makes up the book of your life, what comes next? What’s written in the next paragraph? On the next page? In the next chapter?
We may not be able to fully predict our futures, but we can play an integral role in this thing called life. Our choices, our actions, our thoughts – they all play a hand in you being the author of your life.
So how can you be the author of your own life story?
There are many ways to take charge and play a pivotal role in the route that your life takes. You need to be cognizant of your choices — good or bad — and take ownership of your life so that you can live in the fullness of it’s beauty.
- Stop doing what everyone else wants you to do; do what you want to do.
- Don’t try to play it safe all the time.
- When it comes to edits, you wield the pen.
- Following what others tell you is logical or reasonable is fine; but sometimes, try following your heart.
- Stop being sick and tired of feeling sick and tired.
- Create the epic life you want to live.
- Acknowledge your power, embrace it, and use it.
- Understand where you are in your story, then map out a course for where you want to be.
- Don’t try to be everything to everybody and live in your entirety.
- Change “I think I can” to “I can.” Then do it.
- You are not your circumstances. And if you believe you are, change your circumstances.
- Pick up a pen and dictate the course of events as you see them.
- Turn your struggles into an opportunity to learn and grow.
- In your life story, be the heroine.
- Decide which ‘characters’ you want to be a part of your story.
- Tell yourself the story of your success every day.
- Change your narrative, if necessary, and accomplish your goals.
- Make your life a story worth reading and share it with the world.
You may not know what the final chapter will reveal, and that’s okay. Along with that vagueness comes the process of growth and wonder. And as you grow, continue to be the author of your own life story.
Are you the author of your own life story? In what ways have you taken charge of your narrative?